This project is funded by a financial contribution from the Population Health Fund, Public Health Agency of Canada, awarded to the British Columbia Psychogeriatric Association, a professional multi-disciplinary interest group, founded in 1997 by grass roots clinicians working in the field of mental health and older adults.
The vision of the BCPGA is to support older adults with (or at risk) mental health problems, their caregivers and health providers, to achieve quality of life and quality care through clinical practice, education, advocacy, research and education.
Thank you to the many seniors, practitioners, policy makers and researchers who shared their thoughts and perspectives in developing, evaluating and refining the Seniors’ Mental Health Policy Lens.
This project would not have been possible without the commitment, enthusiasm and support of the project Advisory Group.
- Gerda Kaegi, Canadian Pensioners Concerned, Congress of National Seniors Organizations
- Nona Moscovitz – Mental Health and Addiction Services, Cavendish, Quebec
- Darlene Henry – Manitoba Network of Psychogeriatric Program Specialists
- Holly Tuokko, Centre on Aging, University of Victoria
- Dawn Hemingway, University of Northern British Columbia
- Karen Parent, Queens University
- Julia Baxter, Ontario Psychogeriatric Association
- Faith Malach/Kim Wilson, Canadian Coalition for Seniors Mental Health
- Simone Powell, Division of Aging and Seniors, Public Health Agency of Canada
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information provided. The views expressed herein do not necessarily represent the views of the Public Health Agency of Canada
When citing the Promoting Seniors’ Well-Being: The Seniors’ Mental Health Policy Lens Toolkit the suggested format is as follows:
MacCourt, P. (2008). Promoting Seniors’ Well-Being: A Seniors’ Mental Health Policy Lens Toolkit, Victoria, British Columbia: British Columbia Psychogeriatric Association.
For more information contact B.C. Psycho-geriatric Association at email@example.com or fax 1-888-835-2451.
Copyright: Penny MacCourt, May 2009